AVG offers free ransomware decryptor tools.
AVG have just released six new ransomware decryption tools for partners and their clients. The free tools decrypt the recent ransomware strains Apocalypse, BadBlock, Crypt888, Legion, SZFlocker and TeslaCrypt.
While AVG Business products help detect and block against all known ransomware strains – including this recent six – AVG partners now have helpful tools if a new client, or even a prospect, has a situation where files are already infected by ransomware.
With new decryption tools, you should be able to recover files and data without paying the ransom.
Using the AVG ransomware decryption tools
To use the AVG decryptor tools for the six recent ransomware strains, follow our simple five step process to unlock the encrypted files:
• Run a full system scan on the infected PC and quarantine all the infected files.
• Identify which infection strain encrypted the files. If the ransomware infection matches the strain details, download the appropriate tool and launch it.
• The tool opens a wizard, which breaks the decryption process into several easy steps.
• Follow the steps and you should again be able to reclaim your files in most cases.
• After decryption, be sure to properly back up restored files.
At Binary Bank, we take ransomware threats very seriously. We encourage our clients to continue being proactive by using multi-layered protection, such as AVG Business solutions, which detect and block ransomware.
Should you require further advice or help, please contact us here.